Monday 6 January 2014

Thoughts on returning to work after maternity leave

I'm not going to lie, I was dreading going back to work after maternity leave. DREADING it. I finished up at the start of November 2012, and returned at the end of November 2013, so just over a year 'off'. It's a long time to potter about the house on your own with a baby.

Things I worried about:

  • leaving my preshus baby at the evil nursery
  • not being able to do my job after a year of singing nursery rhymes
  • not being able to do my job because of lack of sleep/illness


But you know what? I actually really like the balance. I do 2.5 days a week which works perfectly for us, Matilda is in nursery two days a week and on the third day my husband and I split the childcare. She loves nursery, and although my fears about getting back into the swing of things and being affected by sleep/illness haven't proved entirely unfounded, they aren't insurmountable, and that's what matters. I feel a lot more motivated than I have in months.

I don't know how people who go back full time cope though. I'd definitely need a cleaner!

No comments:

Post a Comment