Monday 24 February 2014

Loving the little things

Matilda does so many things that delight me on a daily basis, I'm so worried I'll forget them. I'm sure there are loads I've forgotten already. To that end I'll be listing them here as a record. Sappy, me?

Things Matilda's done that have made me melt this week:

  • tickling her dolly's toes, saying 'ticky ticky ticky'
  • when I say 'where's your nose?' she touches my nose
  • her big wet open mouthed kisses
  • her delight when her daddy and I hold her hands and swing her up in the air when out on a walk
  • her obsession with being swung around by the hands
  • her pretending to reach over to pull out the DVDs but checking to see I'm watching first
  • her obsession with her "When I was born" book
  • sticking her tongue out and going 'lalala'

I'm aware all this stuff is pretty standard, but it's what makes parenting wonderful and I don't want to forget it.

Of course there have also been times when I've wanted to scream with frustration, but let's forget those times eh? Who could scream at this face?


No comments:

Post a Comment